POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : curious: degenerate triangles and cameras : Re: curious: degenerate triangles and cameras Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: curious: degenerate triangles and cameras
From: Kenneth
Date: 21 Feb 2009 00:05:01
Message: <web.499f887226995c43f50167bc0@news.povray.org>
"joost_1972" <joo### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Hi,
ther?

> Secondly I was wondering if there is an option to choose different camera angles
> like there is the pull down menu for choosing the resolutions. Now changing
> camera angles involves editing the code constantly (adding and removing // in
> my case).

I feel your pain. By the time I've finished constructing a scene, I probably
have ten to fifteen 'test' cameras, that I'm constantly commenting in and out.

As far as camera angles go, I guess the simplest solution would be to #declare
my_angle = **--whatever--* at the start of the scene, then plug my_angle into
your camera(s). You're probably looking for something in a pull-down menu (as
you said), but this would be the second-easiest trick.

You *could* add angle definitions into the 'Insert Menu'--it's just a folder
containing text files. Create a separate text file for each camera-angle you
want--just write a number in each text file, I guess--put those files in a
folder with an appropriate name (and number/letter--open the 'Insert Menu'
folder to see what I mean), then your folder should show up in the Insert Menu
pull-down, where you can choose the camera angle you want, and insert it into
your camera(s). I don't *think* you even have to delete the default camera angle
there; the inserted one (if it comes after the default one) will override it.

BTW, to look at the individual Insert Menu files using POV-Ray, choose *All
Files* from the open dialogue (as opposed to *POV-Ray Files*); otherwise it
looks like there's nothing there (at least on my Windows system) because they
are simple text files (.txt)

Ken W.